Image Map

Thursday, May 20, 2010

beach colors.

i am feeling so inspired by the light, airy colors of the beach today! :)
taking a vacation to this beach cottage, in Newport, Rhode Island would be amazing! :)


these vases are so pretty with all of their shades of blue. so calm and beach-y!
i found this photo here.


this is a painting by frank sinatra, called "summer wind", which comes from one of his songs...
 "like painted kites, those days and nights, they went flyin' by
the world was new beneath a blue umbrella sky
then softer than a piper man one day it called to you
i lost you, i lost you to the summer wind"
the colors remind me of the beach & the summer air! :)
i love this painting, i actually got to see it and another of his paintings at an art exhibit!



& here are some of my favorite old photos from vacations to the beach, in california.
what lovely memories! :)











7 comments:

  1. I love these pictures :) Can't wait to read your guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes please (to it all!) i want a say in one of those pictures! hehe
    -kellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got back from the beach and I am already itching to go back. I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish California is just a mile away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take me there. I miss the beach. My pale skin craves the sun.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the gorgeous beach pictures you posted, especially the life guard stands! I wish it were warmer here and I could spend the weekend at the beach. Hopefully soon. Have a great weekend!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete