Image Map

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

thankful snapshots + currently i am...

This is my attempt at being thankful every day... for little things & big things!

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, 
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 

I post most days, via Instagram @sarah_brightside.
If you don't follow me there, here are my snapshots from this past week (or so)...


Currently I Am...

THANKFUL FOR //  Dreaming of travel adventures. Learning new things. New nail polish colors. Longer days. 
Practicing memory verses before bed. My cute dog. And building lego towers with a cute little guy.  :)

WORKING ON //  Taxes... and crocheting the prettiest little flowers! I am so thankful that my grandma taught
me how to crochet them. So fun & cute!! I really love how you can use different colors in every layer of petals.

THINKING ABOUT //  I discovered that beautiful vintage globe & had to take photos of it... It made me want 
to start planning a summer adventure! Also, it reminded me that I live so comfortably in "my own little world" 
& so often I forget about how big this world really is... Thinking about that reminded me of how I have
wanted to sponsor a child through Compassion for so long. Finally over the last week couple of weeks I have
realized that it is time to actually DO IT!!! There are so many sweet kids & families all over the world that need
help & we need to think about things like that more often and about ourselves less often!!
Do any of you sponsor a child through Compassion or some other organization?? 

ANTICIPATING //  Spring!! Who isn't?!?! I am ready for blooming trees, warmer days & baseball season!!!
Yesterday was cold, but on Friday it is supposed to be in the high 70s, yay!!!

WATCHING //  Loving season 6 of Heartland, I am watching it online & I can't get enough of it! I love the
stories, the characters, the horses, & the scenery (which makes me want to visit Canada)... It is SO good!!!

READING //  I am right in the middle of a Bible study on the Tabernacle, so I am currently reading a lot in Exodus,
which is great because I haven't read/studied it much before & there is so much to learn!!! Because of that,
I have been pretty slow at reading other things... I am still reading Grace for the Good Girl, a little bit at a time.

LISTENING TO //  Jon Foreman station on Pandora. It has been on non-stop lately. He is my favorite ever!! 
Plus there are so many other great songs! Really loving Mat Kearney & NeedtobreatheI love hearing new music too!

EATING //  Have had roasted potatoes a lot lately (similar to these). Oh, they are so good!! Honestly, I have not
been eating as healthy as I should be lately, but all of a sudden I have been in the mood for apples a lot, so that's
a good, healthy snack! And because it's almost spring I am ready for some fresh asparagus.

DRINKING //  I mostly drink water & tea, but lately I am loving Diet Dr. Pepper!! It's one of my treats! I have never been much of a diet person, but strangely I like the taste of diet Dr. Pepper better than regular. 


3 comments:

  1. I love how springy and cheerful your photos are! They seriously put me in a much happier (and more eager mood to look for things I'm thankful for in life!).

    p.s. I totally watch Heartland with my little sister. I'm not nearly as addicted as she is, but it definitely makes me want to visit Canada, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Sarah, your photos are always so beautiful. Your posts always brighten my day. I would love to read that book you're reading. I just finished "I'm Not Wonder Woman: But God Made Me Wonderful" Have you read that? I love it. Thank you sharing your lovely photos with us!

    Have a beautiful day!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready for spring too!!! That globe is beautiful! is it flat or relief?

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete