Image Map

Monday, December 26, 2011

this christmas...

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
2 Corinthians 9:15

This Christmas season has been such a beautiful one! I have made so many special memories that I will always cherish. It started on Christmas Eve... my family gathered at my Grandparents for our Christmas eve dinner; every year we have clam chowder & then we go to my church's candlelight service! That is one of my favorite traditions. We sang beautiful carols about the birth of Jesus & we lit the candles! To see the lights dimmed & the candles glow is magical & a true representation of Jesus, the Light of the world!!!


& On Christmas, my family enjoyed so many wonderful blessings!! 
Giving & receiving special gifts from one another, an amazing Christmas Dinner, making & eating sugar cookies, hosting friends & family, skyping with family that lives far away, playing games & laughing, taking family photos & realizing how truly blessed I am!!! 

Most of all, I am so thankful for the blessing of  JESUS & celebrating His birth! He came into this world to give us life everlasting! That is the greatest gift of all! One I could never deserve, but the one I am most thankful for!! :) All of the other little blessing are so beautiful because I know that they came from Him!

I think of a wonderful gift that my sister gave me for Christmas... a mug with a Jane Austen quote that says, "How shall I bear so much happiness!" (from "Pride & Prejudice") It is so true! :)

Also, I got "Emma" from my mom & a pretty Fossil watch from my brother & mom!
My family definitely spoiled me & I am so blessed! :)

So, now that Christmas is over... I will not be sad, because I can reflect on how blessed I am, & it's all because of God's great love & grace!! That is something that will outlast all other Christmas gifts! :)
I love this family picture! My dog is perfectly posed & smiling! So cute!

I hope you all had a blessed Christmas, too!

9 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! :) Sounds like you and your family had a great time this Christmas. Love the mug! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great family photo! So glad you had such a fantastic holiday. :)

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Fossil watch is so pretty, and I love that movie too! I am glad you had a happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful :) Merry christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so neat to read posts from different bloggers and read about how much they are grateful for the birth of Jesus! It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas with your family! Thank you for sharing :) PS: I can tell you have good taste because of your love for jane Austin books! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a sweet blog you have! just found it through captivated by the beauty of grace :) i'm your newest follower!

    XO
    erin

    sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything about this post. I love that verse in John! :) God is our only way out of darkness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE that Pride and Prejudice quote. I feel like that often! This life is such a joy and a blessing.

    ReplyDelete