Image Map

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

4 days 'til Christmas...


I got this Charlie Brown Christmas tree at a party that I went to on Monday! I have always wanted one! Isn't it so cute?! I am so thankful to the person that gave it to me, I was really surprised! :) 

& a little Christmas quiz... (from here)

1. egg nog or hot chocolate?
definitely hot chocolate!
2. does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
presents are wrapped! 
3. multi-colored or white lights on tree/house?
I prefer the big lights & multi-colored! But white lights are pretty too!
4. do you hang mistletoe? 
yes.
5. when do you put up decorations?
usually the weekend after Thanksgiving.
6. what is your favorite holiday dish?
On Chrismtmas eve, my family always has clam chowder! yumm!
7. favorite holiday memory as a child?
oh, there are so many... Putting up my Grandma's Chrismtas village with her every year! 
& I will always remember, once when I was little, I snuck out in the middle of the night to see everything under the tree... & my dad was actually up, rocking in his chair, watching the Christmas lights. When he saw me, I thought I was in trouble, but he didn't say a word! :)
8. when did you learn the truth about Santa?
I have always loved Santa, but I have never believed in him... In my family, the focus was always more about Jesus' birth! :)
9. do you open a gift on Christmas eve?
When I was a kid, we were allowed to open one gift on Christmas eve. But now, we open everything on Christmas morning!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
lots of lights (the big & little ones) & a collection of ornaments, some vintage bulbs, some handmade, etc...
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? 
I love it! until Jan & Feb rolls around & then I start getting tired of it!!
(& of course that is usually when it snows the most where I live)
12. Can you ice skate?
No.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Well, I got a watch a few years ago, from Fossil & I still wear it everyday! :)
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? 
Reflecting on all I have to be thankful for... For my family & mostly thankful that God sent His Son into this world to save us! It's so beautiful to get to celebrate that in so many special ways at Christmas time!
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Oh boy, we make so many... I love our homemade peanut butter cups, magic bars, & of course sugar cookies & pie!!
16. what is your favorite holiday tradition?
I really love going to my church's Candlelight Service on Christmas Eve every year!
17. what tops your tree?
a star!
18. which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
I love to pick out the perfect gifts for my family & see their excitement on Christmas morning! But, yes, it is fun to receive too! :)
19. candy canes. yucky or yummy?
yummy!
20. favorite Christmas show?
either "A Charlie Brown Christmas" or "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer".
21. saddest Christmas song?
umm... "Please Come Home for Christmas" by The Eagles... sad, but I love it! haha!
22. favorite Christmas song?
Well, there are way too many to just choose one... but I especially love a song called "Here with Us" by Joy Williams & of course, "It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas" by Bing Crosby!


& Here are my Christmas-y nails! So fun!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love that tree and your nails! :) Love Bing Crosby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful nails! i just got done painting mine in a silver sparkle color.(:
    i also love your charlie brown christmas tree! aren't surprise gifts wonderfu?! (:

    xo
    southernpinky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete