Image Map

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

recipe: lemon crinkle cookies

lemons are so pretty! they smell so fresh! & they are the perfect summer flavor!!
i really love lemons!!! don't you??  :)
on father's day, my mom made some of her grilled lemon chicken, which is a family favorite during the summer months!! i decided to go along with the lemon theme & make a new cookie recipe, lemon crinkles!! everyone seemed to like them, since they were all eaten up that afternoon! i guess i will have to make more soon... :)

recipe for lemon crinkle cookies:

ingredients:
½ cups butter
1 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 whole egg
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoons baking powder
⅛ teaspoons baking soda
1½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cups powdered sugar

directions:
preheat oven to 350 degrees.
in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. mix in vanilla extract, egg, lemon zest and juice. stir in all dry ingredients until combined, except for the powdered sugar. put the powdered sugar in a bowl & roll a big teaspoon of the dough in the powdered sugar, until it's well coated. place the balls on a greased baking sheet & bake for 9-11 minutes or until the bottoms are light brown and the cracks look done! let the cookies cool & enjoy!
:)

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I love lemon cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! these look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm! Delish! I love lemon anything...so I know I'll love these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just tried these. They are warm out of the oven! They don't look like yours at all. Much flatter. First, the dough was so soft that I couldn't roll them into balls. Then, it took up to 15 minutes for them to cook. I'm confused. They have a GREAT flavor, though. Thanks for the recipe! Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm.... well, it could be that you need to add a bit more flour to the dough. I know that can help when dough is too sticky. I dont know where you live, but sometimes altitude & other things can affect baking. Sorry they weren't quite right but I am glad they still taste good!

      Delete