Image Map

Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013, a life of purpose

(a little late...)

I can't believe 2013 is here!

It always sounds so glamours to have New Years resolutions, but they don't have a very good reputation
& so often they are not based in reality. We forget about the real work that it takes to reach the rewards.
 However, I do think that it is very important to have goals through out life. We should always be striving for
 growth & joy in life... And I have always felt that the start of a new year is a good time to plan for new goals
 & evaluate past goals. Sometimes in life we quit before we should. Sometimes we fail. Often goals need to
 be changed or re-set... And I think that's OK, because that is reality. As long as we don't give up
& we keep taking steps forward!

So... over the past couple of days I have been making a little list of a few goals that I have for this year...
 Truthfully, most of them are pretty typical goals, for me. They are similar to the goals that I have had years
 before. I think my goals are often the same, because they are very important to me & I don't want to give up
 on them, even if I have struggled in the past. I want to live with them every day of my life, not just for a
period of time. And I need yearly, monthly & daily reminders to strive after them! It is less about making
"New Years resolutions" & more about reminding myself to strive after my "Life Goals"!!


My most important goal is to "live with godly-purpose in all things"! I have seen many people chose a word
 for the year. A word that they will focus on. I thought a good word for me this year would be PURPOSE.
I want to face all of the goals on this list, all of the goals I haven't shared & even everyday tasks with godly
 purpose. I want to be intentional when I pray & read God's word. I want to take care of myself to honor
& bring glory to God, not for vanity's sake. I want to wholly trust God with my life & be used by God!
In everything I do, I want to make sure that I am doing it with pure motives & that it will please God!

So, there are my goals for 2013 & beyond...
They will be easy sometimes & hard other times.
If I mess up one week, I will try again the next!
I love that every new year brings hope.
Every New Day Brings Hope!

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,
plans to prosper you and not to harm you, 
plans to give you hope and a future.
{  Jeremiah 29:11 } 

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful reminder, Sarah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent goals--I may borrow a few!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list of goals :)

    xoxo,
    Lani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these goals... but more so I love what you say about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful friend. I have to admit I have a photo crush on that top one! Love!!! :)

    ReplyDelete