Image Map

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

christmas traditions

One of the things I love about Christmas time is all of the traditions! When I was a teenager, my grandma 
gave me that cute little Christmas tree to put up in my bedroom! On Friday, I put up that same Christmas
 tree, like I do every year on December 7th, which is the day that my grandma passed away 8 years ago. 
I can hardly believe that time has gone so fast. My grandma loved Christmas time, and I miss her even more
 during this time of the year! But looking at those pretty little white lights makes me think of her! 
And it makes me so happy!
I just thrifted those cute little star ornaments & I love my Charlie Brown tree!
Another favorite Christmas tradition that took place over the weekend is my church's annual Living Nativity! 
Every year we have actors play Mary, Joseph, shepherds, kings, angels AND we have animals: donkeys, 
sheep, llamas, etc... We always do 3 shows on both Friday & Saturday and a lot of people come out to see it! 
This year, my cousin brought her daughter, Ren & she got to pet all the animals! So fun!! :)
Been eating clementines... love them!
A December Sunrise & Cheddar & Broccoli Soup.
Watching Elf & while shopping, I found a watch that is now on my Christmas list! :)
And we even got snow over the weekend (after the Nativity, Thank You Jesus!) and it has been pretty cold!

So, I would say that it really is starting to feel like Christmas now!
Which is good, because Christmas is in 2 week... Yikes! 
I have only gotten a few gifts... I better get shopping!!
Are you done with your Christmas shopping yet? 

3 comments:

  1. Love that you still have traditions that are dear to your heart. My family had some when my brother and I were much younger, but things have changed so much with creating our own homes and families. The star ornaments that you thrifted are so pretty!

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you shared your traditions with us, I especially think the room in tree in it.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tree you put up for your grandmother. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete