Image Map

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

recipe: my favorite banana bread...


My Favorite Banana Bread

Ingredients...
1/2 cup Butter
1 cup Brown Sugar
2 eggs
1 cup Mashed Bananas
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 cup Buttermilk
2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Baking Soda

Directions...
Cream butter & sugar in mixer. 
Add eggs, one at a time. 
Mix in the mashed bananas, vanilla, & buttermilk. 
Combine flour, cinnamon, & baking soda. 
Gradually mix in the dry ingredients. 
Spray a loaf pan with oil & pour in the batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 45-50 minutes.

Additional Notes...
I like to sprinkle oats & brown sugar on top before I put it in the oven.
Of course, you can add nuts, chocolate chips, etc... if you'd like.
& If you don't have buttermilk... just add a bit of lemon juice or vinegar to the milk. 


5 comments:

  1. love banana bread! this one looks tasty :)

    http://babybakerlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm looks delicious! :D Very yummy-looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks good! i like the oats on top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an amazing banana bread recipe that I am religious about, but I am SO giving yours a try, those oats on top look amazing! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete