Image Map

Saturday, July 2, 2011

my faith lately...


a couple of weeks ago i started reading through Psalms. i felt convicted to use it as a daily devotional, to grow my faith in God & in His Word. well, i have been right on track with it & every time i have read a Psalm it has blessed me so much! but this week i started feeling physically, emotionally & spiritually drained... my mom reminded me that as soon as we start growing stronger in Christ, satan will try all he can to get to us... he will try to get in our heads & twist things around... he is full of lies & he knows our weaknesses. that's how he works... BUT that is not how God works!! even though satan has tried to bring me down, Christ has been my stronghold!!!!! i know that i will never lose my faith in Christ & it will continually grow, because even if it's hard, i will continually seek after Him!!! yesterday i read Psalm 13 & it was especially powerful for me... as i read it, i felt like God was giving me His Word to build me up & make me stronger...

how long, LORD? will you forget me forever?
how long will you hide your face from me?
how long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
how long will my enemy triumph over me?

look on me and answer, LORD my God.
give light to my eyes, or i will sleep in death,
and my enemy will say, “i have overcome him,”
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

BUT i trust in Your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in Your salvation.
i will sing the LORD’s praise,
for He has been good to me.
{Psalm 13}

those verses meant so much to me...
david struggled too, but he had growing faith in the Lord,
because he always trusted in His unfailing love!

5 comments:

  1. Sarah, what a wonderful post today! You have encouraged me...my son was sick and now I am sick and everything seems like too much. You are right, when we are growing near to Christ, that is when satan attacks! Thank you for the reminder. I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kelly- yes, it is very true & a reminder that we have to remain strong in Christ no matter what, so we can get through those times! thank you so much for your prayers! :) i will be praying for you & your son too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic reminder of just how big our God is! The Psalms are so heartfelt and encouraging. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing this. you are definitely not alone in these thoughts! boy, i should do love psalms and the encouragement it brings. amazing.


    happy holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please for humanity's sake please do it once
    I have made a blog at blogger.com Since i have added a google adsense in the blog but haven't made a penny with this. I need your help and support to help me make some money to PAY MY Tuition Fees.

    What you have to do is follow these simple steps

    1.go to my blogger profile and visit my blog "Kwotz - Golden Words of Life"
    2.Remain on the page i.e Kwotz for one minute or so and do some random surfing
    3. click ONE of the ads that APPEALS to you from ADChoices boxes and visit there.
    4.remain on that page for one minute or so and do some random surfing.
    and that's it.


    Note: Only ONE click is needed. If you don't wanna help then just visit my blog.
    I will be grateful to you if you put my blog on your Blogroll.
    I really need your help

    ReplyDelete