Image Map

Thursday, January 8, 2015

recipe | pumpkin cobbler cake


I meant to share this post around Thanksgiving/Christmas time, because it is an excellent and
easy dessert for the holidays. Unfortunately I got a bit behind on my blog... BUT it's never too
late to share a great pumpkin recipe. And I am sure I will make it again this winter, because
I love pumpkin desserts and this is a really good one!


Recipe: Pumpkin Cobbler Cake

INGREDIENTS...
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
1 can (10 oz.) evaporated milk
¾ cup brown sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 box yellow cake mix
2 sticks butter, melted
1 cup chopped pecans
½ cup toffee bits


DIRECTIONS...
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 inch cake pan.
In a large bowl combine the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs and spices.
Whisk until combined.
Pour the pumpkin mixture into your buttered pan.
Evenly spread the yellow cake mix over the top of the pumpkin.
Sprinkle the chopped pecans & toffee bits over the cake mix.
Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the top.
Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the center is set. 
Chill before serving and top with whipped cream… so yummy! 

1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy!

    I agree that it is never too late to share a pumpkin recipe.

    ReplyDelete