Image Map

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

knitting | yellow lace slouchy hat


Well, I finished my second attempt at my slouchy yellow lace hat & I am happy to say it was successful!
The first time around I followed the pattern but the hat didn't end up being deep enough for me. I had a
 second skein of this pretty yarn, so I decided to try it again, making it deeper and now I am in love with 
the results. I still plan to tweak this pattern a little bit to get it exactly how I would like it, but in general 
it is such a pretty & easy pattern. Here is the original pattern that I used.



Also, I recently designed a cute new tote bag with a favorite Jane Austen quote printed on it! I bought a plain canvas bag from Hobby Lobby and then I printed my design on to iron-on transfer paper and after a bit of ironing I had a cute new tote for all of my current knitting projects. Easy! 

My new tote is very helpful because lately I have been going knitting once a week with a couple of ladies that I go to church with. They are both talented knitters, so I am excited to learn a few things from them & just be encouraged to knit more. One of my goals is to try more challenging projects... I think next up they will be teaching me the magic loop method... I already have a pattern in mind to try, from the book Lace One-Skein Wonders. I borrowed the book from one of the ladies & I love so many of the patterns in it. It is definitely a book I will be buying for myself soon!



1 comment:

  1. This is SUCH a cute hat on you! I love it! And that tote is darling, too!

    ReplyDelete