Image Map

Saturday, June 22, 2013

thankful snapshots // life lately


It has been a while since I have blogged. Life has felt overwhelming. 
I have a lot of photos, recipes and words that I have wanted to share lately.
However, I just haven't felt much like sitting down to blog. 
Even though I haven't blogged much, life has gone on... with all of it's ups & downs.
Lately, there have been a few disappointments. Plans have fallen through. 
Sometimes life takes unexpected and unwelcome turns. It happens to us all.
Last week, my mom had her surgery
And lately, extreme fires have been burning all around Colorado, destroying so much. 
There are difficult things all around. But there are also things to be thankful for!

I am thankful that my mom's surgery went really well.
I am thankful for the love & prayers from people all around us.
I am thankful for beautiful flowers that bring colorful joy, even if it's only for a moment.
And mostly, I am thankful for the gift of peace that this world cannot give...

“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart.
And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give.
So don’t be troubled or afraid."
John 14:27

The LORD has truly given me that peace. 
Truly knowing Jesus, means having the Holy Spirit within you.
And having the Holy Spirit means that you can have perfect peace right when you call upon Him.

This world gives a little bit of "happiness" and a whole lot of worries and fears... 
But peace is a gift the world cannot give. It only comes from Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Love all the girls in the pictures. Also encouraged by what you wrote about the Peace that Jesus gives!

    ReplyDelete