Image Map

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

locally grown produce


I can't believe we are in the middle of August already... Wow!!
Lately, I have been trying to soak up what is left of summer!
Last week, I went to a little farmer's market that is along the riverwalk, where I live...
They had some unique things for sale & of course, lots of locally grown produce.
I love fresh fruits & veggies, and it's even better when I know they were grown in my own state!
So, lately I have been enjoying lots of corn on the cob, watermelon, green & red peppers, 
AND my absolute favorite... peaches!!!!
Earlier today I made a peach pie & it turned out so good!!
The photos & recipe will be coming soon....

What are your favorite summer fruits & veggies?

photos via instagram
follow me @sarah_brightside

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! Our local produce is a little sad due to the drought.

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is August really half over? Crazy!!! I'l miss the fresh summer fruit, like peaches and watermelon! :) PS: Can I come over and have some peach pie? :)

    ReplyDelete