Image Map

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

{recipes} truffles...

For Valentine's Day, I made a couple of different kinds of truffles for my family! 
This was my first time making them & it didn't go perfectly...
They were much messier to make then I thought they would be 
& they didn't set up as well as I thought they would.
BUT they still tasted really amazing! :) 
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
These truffles are egg-free & taste just like the raw cookie dough that we all love to eat! 
This recipe is by Annemarie from Brunch at Saks 
& was featured on Cupcakes for Breakfast.

Dark Chocolate Truffles

Ingredients: 
2 Cups Dark Chocolate
2/3 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
Cocoa Powder

Directions:
Put chocolate in a bowl. Make sure the chocolate is chopped well, which will allow it melt easier. Heat the heavy cream, bring to a simmer & then pour it over the chocolate. Allow it to sit for a couple of minutes & then whisk it until smooth. Pour the chocolate into a shallow dish & allow to chill for a least a few hours. 

Use a spoon or mellon baller to scoop out the chocolate for desired size. Roll it in to a ball & in the cocoa powder. It will be sticky & messy. 

Keep truffles chilled.

10 comments:

  1. these look great...i love truffles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cookie dough truffles?! sounds like a dream! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm...these look gorgeous! :D The dark chocolate ones are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhhh might have to do those this weekend with my daughter!!! Thank you Sarah! How kind of you to make those for your family too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i just love truffles! those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are making me so hungry!!! I just pinned this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like something I could actually do! They look so, so good.

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. My. Goodness. These look SO AMAZING!!! I have some cookie dough in the fridge and I will have to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you made them! Hope they were as good as they look! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. those look soooooo good! :)

    ReplyDelete