Image Map

Friday, June 11, 2010

weekend movie: bright star

A thing of beauty is a joy forever:
Its loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
-Keats





"Bright Star" is a film by Jane Campion, that is based on the last 3 years of the life of poet, John Keats (1795-1821) and his romance with Fanny Brawne. the cinematography in this movie is so beautiful! the time period, the music, the poetry, the story, the acting.... it is all beautiful! i am going to watch it again this weekend, with my sister. i know she will love it!

here is the trailer for you watch:

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote by Keats. And this entire post is lovely.
    oxoox
    Denalee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This movie is one of my absolute favorites...it's the most beautiful movie I've ever seen!

    It reawakened my love for Keats' poetry. I cry MY EYES OUT every single time I watch it...uuughh. It's so good...so tragically good...

    ReplyDelete