Image Map

Thursday, July 11, 2013

recipe: the best chocolate cookies ever.

 

I was watching an episode of The Pioneer Woman & I saw Ree making these amazing chocolate cookies... Immediately I knew I had to try out the recipe for myself!! And I am so glad I did!
These are the perfect chocolate cookies. They are somewhere between a cookie & a gooey brownie. They are made with a lot of cocoa, so they are very chocolatey, plus they have a perfect balance of dark & white chocolate chips. It doesn't get much better than triple chocolate!!! These cookies quickly became a favorite... My uncle said they are the best cookies he has ever had & my brother has already requested that I make them again! 
And I do plan to make them again (& again....)!!!!


Triple Chocolate Cookies

Ingredients…
2 ½ sticks Butter, Softened
2 cups Sugar
2 whole Eggs
3 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 cups Flour
¾ cups Cocoa Powder
1½ teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
1½ cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1½ cups  White Chocolate Chips


Directions…
Preheat oven to 350°F.
 Using a mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy, scraping the sides.
Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
Sift together dry ingredients, then add in batches to the mixer, mixing until just combined after each addition.
Gently blend in the chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
Using a cookie scoop, add 1 tablespoon portions to baking sheet. Dot the top of each cookie with 3 white chocolate chips if you'd like them to really show up on top. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are barely done but still soft and chewy.
Let cool on a baking rack.

* *  Here are a few of my personal changes to the recipe  * *
I only used 2 sticks of butter instead of the 2 ½ that she called for and I don’t think it hurt them one bit.
 I used 1 cup white sugar & 1 cup brown sugar, instead of 2 cups white, because I like brown sugar in cookies. 
Also, I added a bit more salt than it called for, because chocolate & salt is my favorite combo! 


1 comment: