A few things...
1. On the 4th we had our usual family BBQ... lots of great food & fun! I think the highlight of the day was when my little cousin, who is 2 and a half, tried to start a water fight by spraying my mom & grandma with the hose!! We all of a sudden heard screams & laughter, looked out on the deck & little Ren had a smile on her face & the hose in her hands. It took my mom & grandma completely by surprise. Such a silly girl! Due to the drought & fires in my area, all fireworks were banned... but we were able to go watch the "big fireworks" put on for the community. Overall, it was a great day!
2. I think, my favorite thing about summer time is spending mornings on the deck! I love to be out there when there is still shade covering the swing, before it starts getting hot. The birds are always singing & the morning air always feels so refreshing!! It is a perfect way to start the day.
3. Another favorite thing about summer is wearing sandals. This summer I have been adding to my collection... Haha!
I found such a great pair at Old Navy (the tan/yellow & tan/black ones pictured above). I love the way the straps cross over & they are super comfortable. When you find sandals that you love, you have to buy more than one pair!
4. I have an amazing chocolate cookie recipe to share soon. Best. Chocolate. Cookies. Ever!!
5. Currently I am doing Priscilla Shirer's Bible study on Gideon. This is the first study I have ever done of hers and so far it is great! I have underlined a lot! I really loved the simple quote that she shared, "A change in focus changes everything." Our situations always get better when we shift our focus from ourselves to Him. There are other things that I have really loved that I will probably share more of later!
6. Last weekend, I had a "popcorn & root beer float night" with my family! That always takes me back to when my brother, sister & I were kids & we would have movie nights with my grandma! Those times with my grandma are priceless memories now that she is gone. And every time we have a movie night now, we always attempt to make the popcorn how she did & we eat way too many sweets... I love those happy memories!
7. Last week, I went to lunch with my mom, after her doctors apt. We went to one of her favorite places (near where she works). It is called Marigold's. They have a Spinach Salmon Salad that my mom always gets. She knew I would love it, because it has all of my favorite things... Spinach & salmon, of course, with feta cheese, bacon, sun-dried tomatoes, & mushrooms. It was possibly the best salad ever!! My mom got their Crab Cake Salad... I gave her half of my salmon & she gave me one of her crab cakes. It was all so good! Marigold's is also a bakery, with a display window of beautiful desserts. So we had to get some of those to take home... their carrot cake is the best! If you are ever in Colorado Springs, CO... Marigold's is a good place to check out!
8. Summer evenings are great for playing cards on the front porch until it gets dark!
And for big, bright rainbows after a summer storm! Thankfully, we have gotten a bit more rain lately!
For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;let your glory be over all the earth.
So thankful for all of the little blessings in life.
Thank You Jesus!! :)