Image Map

Monday, July 29, 2013

farmer's market & a vintage photo booth...


These photos are from last weekend's fun day-trip to Colorado Springs!! These little trips are one of my favorite things... There are so many fun & unique places to go in the Springs. We started off the day by going to a couple of farmer's markets... we got local honey, zucchini, tomatoes, cantaloupe & even homemade lemon-chive pasta. A couple days later I used the pasta, with the tomatoes, zucchini & chicken, in a lemon & pesto sauce... It was such a perfect dinner!!! We also got a big box of Colorado peaches... they were a little over-ripe, but we froze some, made two yummy pies & a peach coffee cake, which turned out so good! (I will be sharing that recipe this week.)

After the farmer's market, we went to the Penny Arcade in Manitou Springs. This is one of my favorite unique places to go! They have a ton of vintage arcade games... skee ball is my favorite!! They also have a really fun vintage photo booth that I had been wanting to try out. My mom, sister & I were quite cramped in there, which made the photos even more hilarious! But it was really fun and I am happy to have these photo strips now! Of course, there is also a lot of shopping... while we were there I even found a perfect turquoise ring, just like what I have been wanting! It's a perfect place to visit if you are in Colorado.

I am so thankful for summer memories like these!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment