Image Map

Thursday, December 19, 2013

music | "songs for christmas"

This Christmas season I have been listening to this CD on repeat... If you are reading this, maybe this CD is nothing new to you, because it actually came out in 2011... And actually I am surprised that I didn't know about it earlier because I have liked Phil Wickham's music for a while... but oh well, better late than never. Really every song is SO GOOD! I love it!!

He has wonderful versions of Christmas classics like "O Holy Night", "O Come O Come Emmanuel", "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" & more... Plus, he has a couple original songs that I have fallen in love with, "Christmas Time" & "Evermore". The words to both songs are really good... "Christmas Time" is of course perfect for this time of the year.
But "Evermore" is an especially beautiful, worship song that I could easily listen to all year! 

I read a review of the CD & this statement about "Evermore" that says it well...
"This is a true and pure Christmas worship song as Phil sings, 'Evermore, evermore, He shall reign forevermore.' Simply… it's a worship experience in the midst of holiday cheer." 
Which is how it should be!! 

I wanted to share a few of the songs, just because I really love them
& so you can listen, if you have not heard them before...
If nothing else, listen to "Evermore"... really, really amazing song!! :)
 phil wickham christmas favorites by brightside_02 on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment